CHINMAYA GEETA CHANTING COMPETITION
Pujya Gurudev, Swami Chinmayananda traveled the world carrying the message of the Bhagavad Geeta and conducted numerous Geeta Jnana Yajnas. Gurudev not only preached the Bhagavad Geeta but He lived the Geeta.
He life is a proof that the words of the Geeta are not just words of wisdom, but the teachings that can uplift anyone to the state of oneness with the Lord. Through “Geeta Jnana Yajnas” and Study Groups, Pujya Gurudev layed down a path to explore one’s true potential for all. He brought this sacred scripture from the shelves of the prayer room to the livings rooms of our homes and also into the life of the individuals from all walks of life.
Carrying this vision forward the Chinmaya Geeta Chanting Competition for Children is conducted every year by various centres of Chinmaya Mission. Chanting the Bhagavad Geeta not only helps the Children develop qualities such as concentration, alertness etc to be successful in life but it also familiarises them to the Holy text that can be their lighthouse to lead a happy life.
CHINMAYA GEETA CHANTING COMPETITION 2018
For this year of 2018, the 18th Chapter of the Bhagavad Geeta, “Moksha Sanyasa Yoga” has been chosen for the competition.
The finalists for this year’s competition are announced – Click here to view the results
- • The Finals Round for the Chinmaya Geeta Chanting Competition 2018 is on October 2nd, 2018 (Tuesday-Gandhi Jayanti).
- • The Prize distribution for Chinmaya Geeta Chanting Competition, 2018 is on October 7th, 2018 (Sunday).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for the Chinmaya Geeta Chanting Competition 2018:
1. What are the key factors on which the participants are judged?
The participants will be judged mainly in three key aspects and the cumulative of these three categories will decide their final marks. They are,
Memory: This is the ability of the participant, to chant the specified portion without any break, confusion or hesitation.
Pronunciation: This is the ability of the participant to chant the verses with correct pronunciation. The Pronunciation clarity applies to the following aspects-
Presentation: This is a combination of posture, confidence, mannerism, sincerity of efforts, exceptional chanting tune, soothing voice, etc. It however, doesn’t mean that these aspects would overpower the memory and pronunciation fluency.
2. Does the tune of chanting affect marks?
The tune chosen by the participant for chanting does not affect their technical marks. However, any kind of sweet tune or chanting done in Ragas may affect their overall presentation, hence affecting the marks overall.
3. Does my child need to learn all the shlokas for the competition?
If a child can recite a minimum of five shlokas from memory, they will be eligible for a certificate. However, knowing the entire portion of the category is imperetive to make it to the finals/win in the finals.
4. Is the competition conducted individually or in groups?
Children participate individually and independently.
5. Are parents allowed in the room of competition?
No, parents are not allowed inside the competition venues/rooms.
6. When are the results disclosed?
The results of the preliminary rounds would be declared by the evening of September 24th, 2018. The results of the finals along with the Prize distribution ceremony will be on the he evening of October 7th, 2018.
7. What is the uniform for the Preliminary/Miscellaneous/Finals Rounds?
The students should not come in school uniforms. Traditional dresses are preferred/encouraged.
8. What are the important dates/rounds for the competition this year?
The Miscellaneous Round for the Chinmaya Geeta Chanting Competition 2018 is on September 23rd, 2018 (Sunday). This round is for,
- • The schools who have been particularly informed to come on this date and haven’t had Preliminary Rounds conducted in their schools.
- • Students who were absent for their Preliminary Rounds in their respective schools due to unmanageable reasons, can come on this day for the participation.
- • Students of Balvihar who have filled their forms through the ashram are going to be eligible for this day.
- • Participants of Category F, who have filled forms directly from the ashram, or from schools of their children, they all are eligible to come on this day.
- • Any person, falling into any of the categories, has not gotten a chance to participate earlier, or came to know about this date later on, and wishes to participate, is welcome on this this day. We would be allowing on the spot registrations for all those people and invite you all to be a part of this celebration.